MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Join me for a real-life Eat at Home Challenge next week!

Do you struggle to find the time or make the time to make meals from scratch? Do you need some inspiration to cook and eat at home instead of running through the drive-thru or getting takeout?

Next week, I’ll be doing another fun Eat at Home Challenge all week long, in partnership with the Eat at Home Menu Planning service. I did this back in April and it was such a hit that I’m bringing it back for a week!

I know that many of you are in the middle of getting back to school schedules or are gearing up for back to school and I thought this would be the perfect time to do this challenge to inspire you with simple and easy meals that you can make in the morning before your kids head out the door to school and then you won’t have to think about dinner the rest of the day!

How This Challenge Will Work

The challenge will run August 14-18, 2017 and I’ll be using the Slow Cooker Menu Plan from Eat at Home (stay tuned for a special discount code that will just be valid for a few days!)

Every morning around 7 a.m. CT, I’ll be on Facebook Live prepping our dinner to throw in the slow cooker for the day so that when 6 p.m. rolls around dinner is READY!

(Yes, 7 a.m. is early, I know. But I leave every morning at around 7:40 a.m. to drop Kathrynne and Silas off at school and then I start work at 8 a.m., so this is when it works for me. And I thought you might find it helpful to see me fitting this into my real life, though I can’t promise that our kitchen will be perfectly quiet or clean at 7 a.m. on a school morning! It might be quite a bit of real-life, but we’ll see how it goes!)

Every day, in addition to doing a Facebook Live video on my Facebook Page, I’ll be posting here on the blog what I made that day, along with a link to my video (in case you missed it).

My hope is that this will inspire you with some new recipe ideas, encourage you to not wait until the last minute to think about what you’re having for dinner, and motivate you to eat at home more (even on busy nights!) so you can save money.

(You can see all the recipes I made in the last Eat at Home Challenge here. Plus, there are links to all my live Facebook videos there, too.)

Join the Eat at Home Challenge Facebook Group

I’d love for you to join me in this challenge! To participate, go join the Facebook Page here so you can share what you are making every night and see what readers all over the country (and world!) are making for dinner each night, too!

(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)

17 Comments

• What a frugal AND healthy idea, Crystal! I would love to join your challenge. We already eat at home, and this will make it more fun. 😊

Eating on the go was definitely one of the ways I ruined my health several years ago.

• Jaime says:

That’s a great idea! Being able to have a home-cooked meal every night has saved us so much money. =)

When my daughter starts preschool next month, she’ll go in the afternoons, but still, being able to get dinner ready in the mornings will help a lot so I’m not rushing when I pick her up!

• Andrea says:

I have multiple food allergies – will I be able to do this challenge? (and firstly, I also gotta learn to do a meal plan!)

• Sue says:

This is great! I only yesterday decided I needed to make a serious daily menu plan. I tend to grab some recipes and think I will make them and call that a menu plan. The problem is, I would do better if the decision for each day was already made. If you know what you are fixing I would love to have on hand the ingredients to fix the same dinner w/o having to run out each day. I just put chicken breasts in the slowcooker so that I will have shredded chicken for meals this week.

• I’m doing the Eat at Home Slow Cooker Menu Plan if you’re interested in joining me. You can use coupon code MSM35 to get 35% off the menu plan if you’d like to do it with me: http://bit.ly/2ozxFV1

(Oh and I’m doing the August 28 Slow Cooker menu plan this coming week, in case you want to join me!)

• Beth says:

With soccer season starting up next week. We’re definitely on board with planning ahead! I’m getting a head start this weekend with some taco meat, lasagna, shredded chicken dishes, and meatballs in the freezer too–hope that makes for some very quick and already prepped dinners. Can’t wait to see what you’re cooking!

• Alrena says:

Crystal~You’re such an inspiration. I look forward to your emails everyday. ❤️

• Rebecca says:

I can’t wait to join you for this challenge! My husband is a LEO, and his schedule is constantly changing. I’m hoping the slow cooker meals will alleviate stress and provide us with healthy, easy meals. 🙂

• Julia says:

I’m on week 2 of this meal plan. I signed up after a previous posting you did. I LOVE it. After my first week I think my favorite thing is the portion sizes. I’ve always struggled with cooking too much or size proportions. I love that the these plans offer meal plans for different size families and because of that when I’m doing my grocery shopping, with the fabulously provided list, I’m not wasting ingredients – it tells you exactly what you need for each meal. I am convinced this is getting me out of my meal planning rut and my family is loving the recipes too!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy