Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
I finally made it to Sprouts on a Wednesday!! If you’re unfamiliar with Sprouts’ sales cycles, they have overlapping sales on Wednesdays — which means you can get the sales from the last week + the sales from the coming week on Wednesdays!
They had some great produce deals that I stocked up on:
Sprouts Shopping Trip
- 6 packages of strawberries — $1.25 each
- 3 Cantaloupe — $0.99 each
- 2 Pineapple — $0.98 each
- Sprouts Chocolate Chip cookies — used free coupon
- Total with tax: $13.24
I was SO excited to find so many good clearance deals at BigLots when I went on Wednesday!!
My biggest score? Boxes of Kodiak Cakes for $0.75 each!!! Jesse loves these and he was super thrilled at this score!
Big Lots Shopping Trip
- 4 boxes of Kodiak Cakes — marked down to $0.75 each
- 5 packages of bread, bagels, & English Muffins — $1.40 each (I stuck these in the freezer.)
- 1 can of Split Pea Soup — marked down to $0.25
- 3 cans of corn — $0.25
- Total with tax: $11.74
Aldi Shopping Trip:
- Honey Crunch Oats — $1.59
- All Purpose Flour — $1.89
- 2 packages of hot dog buns — $0.85 each
- Milk — $2.49
- Cream Cheese — $1.29
- Cheddar Cheese — $1.99
- Eggs — $0.73
- 10 lb potatoes — $3.49
- Watermelon — $2.99
- Total with tax: $19.39
Kroger Shopping Trip #1
- Eggs — marked down to $1.39
- All Egg Whites — $4.99
- 2 loaves of bread — marked down to $0.89 and $0.99
- 1 bag of apples — $0.99
- 1 bag of grapefruit — $0.99
- Total with tax: $11.36
Kroger Shopping Trip #2
Bush’s Baked Beans — $0.99 each with the Friday-Saturday
We got to host three camp counselors from Pine Cove all this past week who were here leading a Camp in the City for local kids. We invited some friends over for dinner some of the evenings to join us for fun!